+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 01 RCSB 5.3 swap 4l80 swap questions

01 RCSB 5.3 swap 4l80 swap questions

I have a 01 Rcsb nbs that originally was a 4.3. I swapped in a 5.3 a while back and now am looking to upgrade to a 4l80. I found a good 4l80 out of a 99 obs but I havent found any info on whether or not it will swap in. What year 4l80 do you look for? I know I will need harness mod, crossmemeber mod, etc I just need to know what year 4l80 are the same, What years are different. Thanks

That thing make enough power to need an 80 lol Id go for a locker and gears 1st

the 99 trans will work. i've got a 97

Quote Originally Posted by fabunlimited View Post
    That thing make enough power to need an 80 lol Id go for a locker and gears 1st
    yeah, im not sure the time/cost is worth it for the 80. especially if your current trans is fine. unless you start modding that 5.3 i dont think an 80 is neccesarry. but if you still want to, i know the later models are better. i forget which years they made the changes but the big issue they changed was the inlet line from up front to several inches back and up in order to lubricate some bearing. you can tell by looking at the location of the outlet line.
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

+ Reply to Thread