+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverado 100 Horsepower Performance gain on a budget

I was looking at the Gibson's, some Banks Torque Tubes and something else I forget. Would you say the long tubes are better no matter whos I get, and are the Pacesetters my best option?

Right now as my budget is shy I'm thinking I'm just gonna do my custom intake, my Jet MAF, new plugs,wires a Jet DST tuner and probly exhaust. what are my best options for the beast power to MPG's for now. I want the DST so I can have levels of tune programmed. Which exhaust? I want something classy sounding, not farm truck, not hot rod. More Vette inspired. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by EZRado View Post
    I was looking at the Gibson's, some Banks Torque Tubes and something else I forget. Would you say the long tubes are better no matter whos I get, and are the Pacesetters my best option?

Right now as my budget is shy I'm thinking I'm just gonna do my custom intake, my Jet MAF, new plugs,wires a Jet DST tuner and probly exhaust. what are my best options for the beast power to MPG's for now. I want the DST so I can have levels of tune programmed. Which exhaust? I want something classy sounding, not farm truck, not hot rod. More Vette inspired. Thoughts?

If I remember right, longt's gave about 9 hp over shorties.
    At our HP level, I'm sure they are all the same.

The exhaust and intake and tuner sounds good, stay away from aftermarket mafs, I've seen them cause more trouble then good.

Keep the cats with stock manifolds if you don't want the country, farm sound. Magnaflow is a good choice.
    Last edited by farmtruc; 06-24-2009 at 10:10 AM.

hey Allen,

how's the cam comparison coming along? i'm fixing to swap a 5.3 into my truck & would like to eventually get a cam that will pick up my low end (somewhere between 1000-5000 range). any suggestions?

by the way, i'm keeping the nv3500, so a stall is not a factor. i'm also keeping my 3.73s
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

$15.15 per hp thats actually not that bad considering what was done.....do you also have a stock intake as well or have you upgraded your intake as well?

Quote Originally Posted by all22s View Post
    $15.15 per hp thats actually not that bad considering what was done.....do you also have a stock intake as well or have you upgraded your intake as well?
    lol its an older post...
    4.8\5 speed\3.23's\Airaid TBS\Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler\Volant Power Core CAI w/ Scoop\0/2 Drop\

damn i can't believe i missed this thread, nice numbers

$1535 well spent

Is there a graph with the base line and after cam on it?

bump for answers...

5.3 is in the truck & planning on camming by this spring
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

I wonder how much hp was gained by just the headers, tune, or the cam? And what did you guys charge to install the cam kit? And what did charge to install the long tubes?

+ Reply to Thread