+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Line out converter

Line out converter

I'm trying to find a line out converter that plug into the factory harness and radio. I have a full system now, but I want to switch back to the stock radio and keep the amp (5channel Power1000). I don't know of any that will work with the bose system without cutting and splicing, which I don't want to do. An iPod input/USB input/stereo jack would also be nice. Lo-lyf, do you know of one? I've seen some by PAC but they say they are not compatible with the premium stereo.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

Ive never known of one that is just plug and play (but I have been out of the game for 4 years now). Most of what I have used have to be wired in. One way to do it if you don't want to strip wires back and solder is to find male and female harnesses and make your own plug n play setup. I have also heard others say that bose needs special LOCs to work. Personally, up to 2008, I used universal LOCs wired at the amp output wires (under the cupholder) and had absolutely no issues. Using these wires you already have the frequencies you want, thus eliminating the need for crossovers. However, if you are keeping your 5 channel then you will bypassing bose all together anyway. What I would do is find the harness that plugs into the factory radio and wire LOCs to speaker out leads, the harness that plugs into the factory harness and get your powers/etc. from there. leave the way you have the speaker outputs from the aftermarket amp how you have them now. I think I have something that will work for you. What year vehicle are we talking about here? of course let me brainstorm a bit and I'll figure out a seamless way to do it and leave your factory wiring intact.
    Last edited by lo-lyf; 09-20-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

2004 ext cab silverado with bose and onstar. I have seen something by PAC that plugs into the factory stuff for iPod, but didn't know if there was a line out like that.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck

Quote Originally Posted by Duct_tape123 View Post
    2004 ext cab silverado with bose and onstar. I have seen something by PAC that plugs into the factory stuff for iPod, but didn't know if there was a line out like that.
    Cool, too bad it isn't an 07+ non-bose, I have a harness that could be cut and modified to do what I am bout to tell you how to do. I have never done this before so I cannot verify that it will work.
    the things you need:
    metra 70-2003 gm00-06 aftermarket radio harness (female)
    metra 71-2003 gm00-06 factory radio harness (male)
    (2) line out converters, three if you want separate sub control

Wire your 71-2003 and 70-2003 together leaving the speaker leads disconnected (I would verify both visually and via multimeter to make sure all wires are in their correct locations and all factory wires have a wire on the aftermarket harnesses). The line output converters will wire to the speaker leads of the 71-2003. The speaker leads on the 70-2003 will be for your leads coming from the amp out to all four speakers.
    There is a harness directly behind your a/c controls attached to the back of the subdash. This harness is for bose. Disconnecting this harness and plugging in the 70-2003 will completely bypass the bose system. I believe (not 100%) that bose and non-bose use the same radio, I would verify before proceeding with this venture. Your onstar and auxiliary will be in the smaller harness of the two. I hope this helps and if I wasn't enough help, sorry in advance.
    Last edited by lo-lyf; 09-20-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)

Quote Originally Posted by lo-lyf View Post
    Cool, too bad it isn't an 07+ I have a harness that could be cut and modified to do what I am bout to tell you how to do. I have never done this before so I cannot verify that it will work.
    the things you need:

Wire your 71-2003 and 70-2003 together leaving the speaker leads disconnected (I would verify both visually and via multimeter to make sure all wires are in their correct locations and all factory wires have a wire on the aftermarket harnesses). The line output converters will wire to the speaker leads of the 71-2003. The speaker leads on the 70-2003 will be for your leads coming from the amp out to all four speakers.
    There is a harness directly behind your a/c controls attached to the back of the subdash. This harness is for bose. Disconnecting this harness and plugging in the 70-2003 will completely bypass the bose system. I believe (not 100%) that bose and non-bose use the same radio, I would verify before proceeding with this venture. Your onstar and auxiliary will be in the smaller harness of the two. I hope this helps and if I wasn't enough help, sorry in advance.
    I'm tryin to figure out the same thing but 08 with on star and Bose system

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro11 View Post
    I'm tryin to figure out the same thing but 08 with on star and Bose system
    In theory, the same method would work. However, I don't know of a quick and easy Bose bypass on 07+. You could essentially do the same thing using the harnesses under the cup holder if you could find the necessary harnesses.

In theory, the same method would work. However, I don't know of a quick and easy Bose bypass on 07+. You could essentially do the same thing using the harnesses under the cup holder if you could find the necessary harnesses.
    All good ill have to look in to that. Thanks for the tips.

Any time. Sorry I don't know more about the 07+ trucks. I quit the stereo biz in mid-2008.

Any time. Sorry I don't know more about the 07+ trucks. I quit the stereo biz in mid-2008.
    I think many people had to quit different industry's about then. Wish we could figure out this damn mess and get back to having fun instead of dealing wi this crapy economy. Still seems like you have a good knowledge base for being out of the game.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Cool, too bad it isn't an 07+ non-bose, I have a harness that could be cut and modified to do what I am bout to tell you how to do. I have never done this before so I cannot verify that it will work.
    the things you need:

Awesome, thanks for the PNs. I had been trying to do this exact thing for a while now, just could never find a harness side connector to plug into the radio. Seems pretty straight forward and simple to do. As far as the radios being the same, they aren't. I tried my brother's '06 deck(non-bose) in mine and it did not work. All the radio functions worked, but no sound. There may be a wire missing to turn the bose amp on or something. I may get an iPod interface and hack it up so I can have my iPod and keep my system with the stock deck. Now if I could figure out how to add USB input I would be golden!

+ Reply to Thread