+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nelson performance...

Talking nelson performance...

My dad wanted to take it to the dealer, and or another shop. Told him give Allen a chance, and I bet he will find it. I think my dad will listen to me for here on out about these LSx trucks...

My dad has had a coolant leak for about a year now, we've had a few shops look at it, even put dye in it. No one could find where it was leaking out at. Took it over to Allen n his crew, and Ray over there popped the hood took one look. Hey its your water pump, he then explained it to me how and why everyone else missed it.

Needless to say other shops were saying it was boiling out and etc... So we ordered a 160 stat through Allen and now it runs great.

Thanks again Allen, Erica, and Ray.
    Last edited by Faze2183; 08-05-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    02 Chevy EcSb Z71, 5.3, Helix Tb Spacer, AEM Brute Froce Intake, Msd 8.5 wires, NGKTR55 IX, B&M 25k Trans Cooler, Hypertech 160, Nelson Tune, Nelson Harness & Ls1 fans, Fully Built tranny, tb2600, 216/224 551/551 115LSA, yeller z06 springs, magnaflow, cut-out, hi-flow cats, etc...

i work at a dealership and we have had a couple come in doing that.the first time it took me a while to figure out where it was leaking.finally found it was water pump.its usually real slow leak.it mite leak out a gallon in a months time.

Mine had the same kind of slow leak. But I broke a coolant temp switch off in the passenger side head and didn't get a chance to remove the broken piece until i pull the heads to replace the lifters. It's all better now.
    [IMG]https://images.app.goo.gl/XLfskemekXBo5VfS7/IMG]
    www.tjc.edu

LS engine water pump/gasket leaks aren't exactly mysterious and difficult to find. It's a well documented and well known common occurrance that is seen all the time.

I'm happy for you that NP was able to figure it out.
    2001 ECSB 4x4, 5.3, Radix, 3.0 pulley, VHP Trucker cam, 216/224 .551/.551 115 lsa, 1.8 Crane roller rockers, 4L65E, Yank SC3000, 3.73, Cal-Tracs, HPTuners.

+ Reply to Thread