+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Truck'n: SS Vs. Lightning

Has anyone seen the article on the SS vs. Lightning in Truck'n Magazine, if not you'v gotta read it.
    RChevy.48
    2001 Silverado RCSB 4.8L
    Current Mods
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    LT1 Fans
    vette cam sitting in garage

Hahaha thanks for the info! Now I gotta read that!!
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

you gonna keep us in suspense or what, hahah

i bet the L whoops the SS bad, most have to consider that the SS (which should never have the badging anyway) is an all around truck, yes truck not a race truck. it is decent in acceleration, can haul a full load and your family,

put a SC on it and it will run better than the lightening, i think someone on this board is running a 13.6 in his.

i'll have to get the mag. now,

thanks for the update,

allen

Smile

Originally posted by farmtruc@May 31 2003, 09:58 PM
    you gonna keep us in suspense or what, hahah

i bet the L whoops the SS bad, most have to consider that the SS (which should never have the badging anyway) is an all around truck, yes truck not a race truck. it is decent in acceleration, can haul a full load and your family,

put a SC on it and it will run better than the lightening, i think someone on this board is running a 13.6 in his.

i'll have to get the mag. now,

thanks for the update,

allen
    That's why I put Camaro SS badges on my truck because I think it deserves them. After all, it is a RCSB (and is also faster than a real SS)that's what a sport truck is suppose to be as far as all SS trucks made by chevy goes, SS s-10, 454 SS, etc...
    No offense to the guys with extra cabs, I love excab silverados just couldn't afford one. And I know for sure that there are excabs in here that will also blow away a stock silverado SS as well.
    01' RCSB 5.3,3.73 posi,K&N gen2,ASP crank pulley,LT1 fans,3" catback single exhaust,Nelson performance PCM tuning, egr trim,17x8 Denali rims(polished),2/4hotchkis drop.
    Soon 2 come:Edge performance 3200 stall w/2.58STR,KDS servos,N2O?

Well, the jist of the article was to compare the SS to the Lightning. The compared performance and styling. Of course in performance the Lightning blew away the SS. In styling it was close, the SS only lost by like 3 - 5 points (don't have the mag in front of me), the only reason the SS lost in styling was because they said the bed and body lines were too oldschool (put this in my own words). So overall the Lightning won :music: , the only thing they said they realy liked about the SS was that it was so comfortable to drive. IMO, the SS is not an SS should have been called Silverado Limited (or something to make it different and stand out), Chevy needs to get off there asses and build a truck that will out perform the lightning, as far as looks I like the SS.

Sorry when I first posted I was running out of time, but wanted to start the thread before I forgot.
    RChevy.48
    2001 Silverado RCSB 4.8L
    Current Mods
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    LT1 Fans

Originally posted by RChevy.48@Jun 1 2003, 02:52 PM
    Well, the jist of the article was to compare the SS to the Lightning. The compared performance and styling. Of course in performance the Lightning blew away the SS. In styling it was close, the SS only lost by like 3 - 5 points (don't have the mag in front of me), the only reason the SS lost in styling was because they said the bed and body lines were too oldschool (put this in my own words). So overall the Lightning won :music: , the only thing they said they realy liked about the SS was that it was so comfortable to drive. IMO, the SS is not an SS should have been called Silverado Limited (or something to make it different and stand out), Chevy needs to get off there asses and build a truck that will out perform the lightning, as far as looks I like the SS.

Sorry when I first posted I was running out of time, but wanted to start the thread before I forgot.
    I am with you , I too like the look of the SS better than the lightening by far !!
    01' RCSB 5.3,3.73 posi,K&N gen2,ASP crank pulley,LT1 fans,3" catback single exhaust,Nelson performance PCM tuning, egr trim,17x8 Denali rims(polished),2/4hotchkis drop.
    Soon 2 come:Edge performance 3200 stall w/2.58STR,KDS servos,N2O?

Just for reference, the Silverado SS only came out with club cabs at first, and i think they only made a few SC's.... I've only seen one, and that was online of a SC, they aren't too popular.

Maybe this is a stupid question but, what do you mean by SC?
    RChevy.48
    2001 Silverado RCSB 4.8L
    Current Mods
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    LT1 Fans

I know sometimes i use SC for single cab, but i should use RC, for regular cab, i don't think there are an supercharged (SC) SS's from the dealer

I thought he might have been talking about the RC at first, but...
    I've only seen one, and that was online of a SC, they aren't too popular. [/b]
    this is what confused me.
    RChevy.48
    2001 Silverado RCSB 4.8L
    Current Mods
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    LT1 Fans

+ Reply to Thread