+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brake problem after 6.0 swap

Brake problem after 6.0 swap

Just like the title says I am having brake issues. The problem is after I let the truck heatup and I drive away, I have about 200 yard stretch before I come to a stop sign leaving my neighborhood and when I come to a stop my brake goes all the way to the floor. I f I let off and reapply them they grab orwhile tring to stop they grab. Anyone has had this issuse please chime in. Dont know whats going on. But I will be doing the 05+ brake upgrade in a couple days. Let me know what yall think.
    2015 Yukon SLT
    2000 RCSB 6.0/4l80e
    1967 Chevy II 5.3 w/ 76mm snail

you have air in the lines and they need to be bled. Either you have drum brakes and they're not adjusting on their own or your reservoir ran low and now you have air in the lines.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

make sure you didn't bust any lines during the swap.

That's music to my ears. I will be getting the 05+ brakes wed.
    2015 Yukon SLT
    2000 RCSB 6.0/4l80e

Put the 05+ front brakes on and well went besides having to bleed the brakes a second time and painted them black to go with the rims and a stealth look. Lets just say the wifels legs arent strong enough. She was getting tired of it, gotta love them. At least she helped. Anways they are a big difference, I dont know if its due to the larger rotor or the pistons are different, but the stop a whole lot better. When I get the SS lines that will help alot more, next couple of weeks will go for the rear suv brakes. This is a good upgrade if you do not want to go out and buy the very expensive wilwood's, baer, or other brands out there. Like some people say balling on a budget is hard work, lol.
    2015 Yukon SLT
    2000 RCSB 6.0/4l80e

I have the 05 and sub brake upgrades done myself and love it. Truck stops on a dime now. No shutter or fade, just smooth strong stopping power.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Yep, I agree. My C3 had the SUV brakes on the rear from the factory, I put the 05+ on the front, SS lines, and hydroboost with some hawk pads. Thing has some crazy brakes now.

So the hawk pads are that good? I plan on doing the hydroboost and SS lines as well.
    2015 Yukon SLT
    2000 RCSB 6.0/4l80e

+ Reply to Thread