+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help?

ok, I bought a cam from a 99 f-body , springs from a 02 LS6, and SLP 1.85 rockers, my questions are will these springs be OK to use or will I need to step up to some 918 comp springs? my other question is will the stock retainers and keepers be ok to reuse? and does anybody have the part #'s to all the gaskets that i will need to replace to do the install, I plan on doing the install this coming weekend.Damn, I wonder what kind of hp difference this will make.Hope its worth it. Thanks Ya'll .
    00'ECSB 4.8L, Auto 4L60E with Fully adjustable TRANSGO shift kit with Superior billet servos, B&M tranny cooler, 4:10's,eaton posi, K&N Gen. 2,Thorley Headers, ASP Crank pulley, LT1 Fans, 3" catback single flowmaster 40 series exhaust, NELSON PERFORMANCE PCM BADASS TUNING, egr trim. Jantzer performance Ported TB, 20x9 MKW's, 2/4 drop.sold

2006 GTO A4,HPE S+ cam,Volant, Kooks LT's, Magnaflow 3in.Catless cat back,3200 Fuddle converter,UDP. 7.49@93.57
    Coming up= Fast intake and heads.

you can use stock springs and retainers on that cam if you wish.

no need to buy all that extra stuff, since you have the cam and springs already, that will work just fine. all the guys who are changing their cam out for a ls1 cam are keeping the stock springs,

keep us updated,

allen

If he were just putting in the cam, the stock spring would be fine but not with the rockers. The LS6 springs should be fine with that cam/rocker setup so no need to go out an buy a set of 918s. I bought all the gaskets for the swap and didnt use them. I figure I will just hold on to them till I do a bigger cam in the future. The pn are:
    12559271 - Water pump gaskets, (you will need 2 of them)
    12558013 - Front cover gasket
    12561244 - Front seal
    12557840 - Crank bolt
    If you are carefull taking everything apart you should be able to reuse all you gaskets but I would go ahead and change the crankbolt since it is a stretch bolt.
    2000 Silverado, RCSB, 2wd w/ a few mods.
    Best 1/4 ET: 12.09@111.22 (old 5.3L H/C/N2O setup)
    WRE 370 and Kenne Bell 2.8L installed and breaking trannys.

2001 Tahoe LT 4wd
    Stock, daily driver and tow vehicle.

Hey thanks, BigKid for those part #'s, Your awesome, man!
    00'ECSB 4.8L, Auto 4L60E with Fully adjustable TRANSGO shift kit with Superior billet servos, B&M tranny cooler, 4:10's,eaton posi, K&N Gen. 2,Thorley Headers, ASP Crank pulley, LT1 Fans, 3" catback single flowmaster 40 series exhaust, NELSON PERFORMANCE PCM BADASS TUNING, egr trim. Jantzer performance Ported TB, 20x9 MKW's, 2/4 drop.sold

2006 GTO A4,HPE S+ cam,Volant, Kooks LT's, Magnaflow 3in.Catless cat back,3200 Fuddle converter,UDP. 7.49@93.57
    Coming up= Fast intake and heads.

+ Reply to Thread