+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TBYRNE's Duramax with ram air hood, 22s + more

I finally had a chance to take some pictures with the Suncoast Creations ram air hood. This is a little different than the hood that they sell through. It usually comes with heat extractors on each side of the scoop. I had those cut out, holes filled in and then painted.

The truck rolls on 22x9.5" Weld Evo Velocity 8 wheels wrapped with 305/45/22 Nitto 404 tires. Other appearence mods include - painted grill shell, flares and mirrors, stainless steel grill. 6000k HID lights display the road at night.

A Volant induction helps the Duramax breath while MBRP tips hang behind each of the rear tires. They are attached to the stainless steel catback. Programming is provided by the Edge with Attitude that is stacked with a Predator programer. Each of them is set to "kill". Rolling into the throttle produces billowing clouds of smoke -

A Suncoast transmission and converter send all of this power to the rear tires!

There is a camera at the back of the truck makes it very easy for one person to hook up to a trailer. It can be done on the first shot instead of getting in and out many times (that is a real pain) -

The trailer also has a camera to see what is going on back there on the road plus it provides a good view while backing up -

This truck is set up for road trips. Nothing makes a trip go by faster than watching a movie. It has 2 DVD players, 3 screens, X-Box and satellite radio. A navigation system helps when I need to know where to go -

A few other mods will be coming soon. I'd like to see about 500hp at the rear wheels before this is done.

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-508-636-0770 in MA)
    E-MAIL - tbyrne@tbyrnemotorsports.com

NEW WEEKLY SPECIALS CAN BE SEEN ON - OUR WEBSITE

FINALLY----pics of the ram hood. that hood looks tits............has the glass hood given you any grief in any way? is it flexy? any way, nice truck.

So far so good. No problems at all with it

Haaaa I can tell you one hood not to go with, and thats a EAST COAST CUSTOMS dual ram-air hood. For the newer Chevy's and GMC's, they are fiberglass and I don't think they could have built them any worse. I was one of the first to get them hoods, and that lead to alot more in my area getting the smae one. None of them have fit right. Heck I believe on one side you can almost see my headers. hahaa Maybe I'll luck up and hit a deer.
    Do they offer that single ram-air hood for a Chevy or is it just for GMC's. I know they have similar ones but none of them does not look as good stylin wise as that one. NICEEEEE D-Max by the way.
    2002 Red Chevy RCSS (engine mods)- 05 5.3L, Procharger P-1SC 9lb.pulley, 80mm BBK TB, TB By-Pass, 38lb. Inj., AlkyControl Meth Kit, ASM L/T's, Magnaflow X-pipe, Borla's, FLT Level 5 4L65e, PI 3000 Stall, B&M Tranny Cooler, 3:73's, G-80, E-Fans, 160' Thermo. Custom Built Intake with K&N. WideBand 02 Sensor, DIXIE TUNED.

+ Reply to Thread