+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need tranny for 97 s-10

Can anyone out there help me find a good working transmission for a 97 s-10 4 cyl, I'm looking for a new or rebuilt ready to bolt on and how much. Thanks. Shipping to Tallahassee Fl. 32317

Contact Hwyauto. He is a site sponsor and has some good prices. A local salvage yard should be cheaper since you won't have to pay shipping but if they don't have one or one of your local trans shops don't have one or can't rebuild yours, he should be able to find you one.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Thanks,

I have been introduced to Hwyauto...He is going to hook me up with a 4L80e tranny for my Z-truck. Maybe he has a hook-up for me with the s-10.I am moving ahead with some more mods and a tune with Nelson Performance. These guys seem to have it going on. Can't wait to get it started. Lots of resources on this site so I will be calling on you guys for help when needed. Keep it coming !!

do you need a 4X2 or 4X4 trans i dont have one here but i can get you one or locate one in one of our 1000 yards online
    Austin Jenkins
    Hi-Way Auto Parts
    Brownwood Tx, 76801
    800-447-0611

I need the 4x2...I guess that would have helped a little huh? Let me know what you find out. It's for my dad. Thanks

ive got a 4l60e out of a 94 s-10 ss with a 4.3 v-6. Worked perfect with 70k...only reason we removed it was because we dropped in a v-8/trans combo. $200 and its yours..lemme know if your interesteed
    jimp_69@hotmail.com

Forgive me for being forward, but will this tranny bolt up the 4 banger without any mods. I'm the kind guy that likes stuff to work the first time around. Also will i need any other parts or is it ready to bolt up. I need the (easy)plug and play version. I put in a call to pops and let him know what youve got . Thanks

Originally posted by superZ71@Jan 28 2005, 05:40 PM
    Forgive me for being forward, but will this tranny bolt up the 4 banger without any mods. I'm the kind guy that likes stuff to work the first time around. Also will i need any other parts or is it ready to bolt up. I need the (easy)plug and play version. I put in a call to pops and let him know what youve got . Thanks
    i think it should work but i dont know my s-10s that well. Just let me know...i check here every so often but you can email me if you want.

That would be cool if it would work. GM is notorious for making thing interchange but I don't know about ISUZU doing the same thing. I hope that works out for you.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

+ Reply to Thread