+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sanctioned races + nitrous bottles..quick question

Sanctioned races + nitrous bottles..quick question

Does anyone know if NHRA requires the bottles to be hyrdro-tested every 5 years? 1 of the speed shops in the area requires this for filling, but the other 2 do not. I know my bottles do not leak (I used them last year, the last year of their certs). It's 45 a bottle to have them tested...really don't feel like throwing away the money if I don't have to.

If it's required, I'll probably just test 1 bottle as my 'track' bottle, and keep the other 2 (or 3 or 4) for 'street' use.

Also...does anyone know how to read the certs? I just purchased a new bottle, and do not know the date on it. It says "TC-3ALM124" on the top line, "DOT-3AL1800 W52581 LUXFER 07A97" on bottom line
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

I've never had a problem and mine is way out of date. I don't even have a blow down tube

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

I was just searching their website...i guess their rules, do not require the bottle be in car for tech inspection (so the date does not matter), but if you're running it, you need to have the blow down tube visible (my 'track' bottle has one...the rest just have the safety discs)

Guess I'll try it and see what happens...worst case, I'll run over to my cousin's trailer, and grab one of his bottles.

Or you know, don't let them know you're spraying. I've never been asked to pop the hood at the track. I get 2 questions. "What's it gonna run?" "Any crap in the bed?" But I think they just leave it up to whoever fills it. Legally any pressurized cylinder is supposed to be checked every x amount of years.
    Last edited by Frenchy; 03-22-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

my bottle is kinda mounted right behind my seat.... my lines are kinda tied to my frame (which is at eye level to most small children)... The truck will hopefully be running low 13's on 36's....either the tech is a MORON....or he'll know I'm spraying.

Like I said, only 1 of the 3 local places check. All charge same price. Looks like I'm going to 2/ 3 this year

i didnt even know there was any kind of inspection date on the bottle and i have 4 of em
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

casey23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LamboDoNoMo View Post
    i didnt even know there was any kind of inspection date on the bottle and i have 4 of em
    WOW... 4 bottle so you can spray a whole 200 shot?? .... i walked out into shop and snapped you a pic G... think i have forgot more about nitrous then you know...

Quote Originally Posted by casey23 View Post
    WOW... 4 bottle so you can spray a whole 200 shot?? .... i walked out into shop and snapped you a pic G... think i have forgot more about nitrous then you know...
    NICCCE!!!! (Mike Tyson Voice)
    http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/madney89/jake_sig.jpg

5.3 FBO, 224/230, 3200 circle d, 4.11s
    13.3 @ 102mph

Quote Originally Posted by casey23 View Post
    im sure you have, i dont know shizzle about nitrous btw you should sell some of those.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

+ Reply to Thread