+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1999 OBS C1500 LQ9 6.0 LS Swap

good looking truck!! nice swap!
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Thanks guys! I may go ahead and look into doing that LS1 pan. At the moment Im working on getting my intake ready to put on. Im going to run a TBSS intake with the older return style rails. Just finished welding -6 AN bungs to modify the crossover. Got some LS2 injectors as well!

Great looking build! I didn't see what cam you went with. I'm assuming you're not keeping it stock with those heads.

No, not keeping stock cam. I'm running a Thunder Racing custom grind. Its their TRuTorq Level 5, 227/239 .614"/.621" 115LSA. I know a few people locally running it in their trucks and they have made good power with it. Got the intake just about finished and going to work on the fuel lines next.

Nice looking truck. That has been my favorite color on the OBS trucks. Im subscribed to this one as mine seems to not be going anywhere till the weather breaks.
    Been lurking since 09 and I finally have my kickass 6.0 LQ4
    LQ4 LQ9 6.0L Engine Service Manual Save to your computer in case it disappears

Been a little while since I've updated. Installed a Tru-Cool 40K trans cooler. Had to modify a few things and made some brackets to mount it and make it work but I think it came out good.

BEFORE:

Sectioned this front support to make room for cooler.

And here is the cooler installed.

Got my intake fixed up too. Modified the stock 99-02 fuel rails to keep the return style system. Also added a Nick Williams 92mm Throttle body!

Here it is installed.

This is where I'm currently at. Ready to start the wiring. I have a new stand alone 99-02 harness I will be using so that should make things a little easier.

Truck has been running for about a month now! Haven't had much time behind the wheel due to being busy with work but I have some more pics and a video.

Modified the water temp sending unit to fit the LS head.

34" Radiator with 05' and up Electric Fans

Here's a quick video of it idling. Excuse the wires, this was like 5 minutes after the first start up! I still have a lot of cleaning up to do with the wiring and all. Im currently working on the exhaust myself. Bought some 3" mandrel bends and I've been slowly getting that done. This video is open headers..

Truck sounds awesome. You do good work. I like the mod for the trans cooler. What method did you use for the water temp sending unit? The grinder or the lathe? What size tap did you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyMan90 View Post
    Modified the water temp sending unit to fit the LS head.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

+ Reply to Thread