+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4L60/4L60E question

MTXMAN Guest
    what is the difference between these two transmissions(4L60/4L60E)? The shifter im looking at, says it fits the 4L60, will it Fit a 4L60E? If im missing something, let me know.

-thanks
    jspec

This is a good question, its too bad no ones got an answer yet

Please hold

Most trans builders will say the 4L60E is just a 700R4 with some electronics, they use they same parts.

I've heard some ppl say the 4L60 is a 700R4. If you are getting a shifter, i'm assuming you're talking about one that goes on the floor, like my B&M Mega Truck Shifter, eh? If so, they are the same transmissions as far as that part is concerned. Even when I bought my megashifter, summit said it was for my 60E trans also, but when the part arrived, I noticed the cable bracket that bolts to the trans pan and holds the cable in place wasn't right. Don't worry though, there are enuff brackets in the kit to get it working. I ended up cutting two of them and welding them together.

What shifter are you looking at?

later,

allen

MTXMAN Guest
    Lokar is the shifter that im getting, well, there is another question i have, now, remember i dont know much about transmissions, so, the "TH400 raptor" that transmissioncenter.net carries,is that an automatic or a manual trannsmission? thanks for all the help so far guys.

-MTXMAN

That would be an auto trans, i guess you could compare the TH350 to the 4L60E and the Th400 to the 4L80E, there are a few ppl putting a TH400 behind their ls1 and have good results. It's a proven tranny and can take some good HP numbers when built right. Also , the 200R4 is a good Overdrive auto to go with, there are some 9sec buicks running the 200R4,
    I want to build my 4l60E as bad as possible some day and see how long it holds up, of course i'll need a very strong engine to test it out on, hehehe, someday

transmissioncenter.net sells a lot of parts and good parts, but for some reason lots of ppl stay away from their transmissions, i guess they don't take the power they claim.

later,

allen

Just checking, did the Lokar shifter work? I want to use this shifter and need to know if it will bolt up correctly to the tranny. t
    1 ton, 4600 pounds, 14.3@94mph any questions?

Just to let everyone know, called Lokar and they have a seperate 4L60E shifter, but most places don't stock it so you'll have to wait.

Don't know if anyone cares but I got the Lokar nostalgia shifter, its very nice although instructions weren't entirely clear its easy to figure out once you start putting it in.

The shifter has exactly the look I was going for, the nostalgia shifter for the 4l60E is only available in the 23 inch size. This ends up being about an inch taller than the dash on an 88 Silverado, it looks awesome. I also got the Lokar hot rod shifter boot which is a very nice piece as well with a nice chrome trim ring and a nice boot material, it seals tightly on the shifter and has plenty of extra room to cover the hole in the floor.

sounds badass, you got any pics to show us,

I had a question about the 4L60E transmission. Can it withstand 600 rwhp? I'm gonna race my truck hard and need to know. thanks
    '05 Tahoe 2WD 5.3
    Performance Mods: Nelson tune, 4" Volant Exhaust, Dynatech Full Header system, Volant Cold Air Intake, TB Bypass, 305/50R20 Eagle GT IIs
    Appearance Mods: 20x8.5 American Racing Torq-Thrust STs, Billet Emblem, Black Chrome Speed Grille, Removed running boards, door guards, fender caps and badges, and Silverstar lowbeams and fogs
    Cardomain Page> Click

+ Reply to Thread