+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Distributor

well i foudn out why my truck was being a spaz. Distributor was bad. took it to RC Bratched a local tech shop and they told me it was broke. they wanted $358 to put new one in and time it so i told em to put old one back in and ill come get it so i got charged $50 for the hour of labor. I went to auto zone adn got a reman distributor and my g/f's dad put it in. we made a mark with a sharpie on the firewall using side of the rotor button. when we put the new one in we made sure the line matched up with the new dist and rotor button. but now it idles smooth and all but misses throught he rpm range. like spits and sputters. does this mean i need tot ake it and have it put on a computer and timed? any info greatly appreciated.
    96 Silverado rcsb
    5.7l Vortec
    Exterior: 2 inch drop shackles, Centerline Titan 20" Wheels, clear lights, Debadged.

-Exterior to come: 2-4 drop, Tinted windows, Cowl hood, Green Calipers
    -Performance mods: Flowmaster True Dual exhaust
    -Performance to come: Tune, CAI, Cam, Spray, Posi, gears, stall, headers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1fastsilverado &#064; Apr 2 2006, 01&#58;04 AM) [snapback]49026[/snapback]</div>
    well i foudn out why my truck was being a spaz. Distributor was bad. took it to RC Bratched a local tech shop and they told me it was broke. they wanted &#036;358 to put new one in and time it so i told em to put old one back in and ill come get it so i got charged &#036;50 for the hour of labor. I went to auto zone adn got a reman distributor and my g/f&#39;s dad put it in. we made a mark with a sharpie on the firewall using side of the rotor button. when we put the new one in we made sure the line matched up with the new dist and rotor button. but now it idles smooth and all but misses throught he rpm range. like spits and sputters. does this mean i need tot ake it and have it put on a computer and timed? any info greatly appreciated.
    [/b]

put the engine at tdc on number 1, may have to pull a plug out to do that and turn it over by hand,
    and then line up the rotor to face number 1, put cap on and wires, make sure u have the plugs wires in the right order, their is problably a computer plug u have to unplug to get base timing, check timing with a timing gun

peace

new project
    37 m-series 3/4 ton chevy truck,
    plans: 5.3/4l80e, cut down ford 9 inch, 6piston brakes

nevermind, its fixed.
    96 Silverado rcsb
    5.7l Vortec
    Exterior: 2 inch drop shackles, Centerline Titan 20" Wheels, clear lights, Debadged.

-Exterior to come: 2-4 drop, Tinted windows, Cowl hood, Green Calipers
    -Performance mods: Flowmaster True Dual exhaust
    -Performance to come: Tune, CAI, Cam, Spray, Posi, gears, stall, headers.

+ Reply to Thread