+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 06 seat belt/door open alarm

Anyone know how to disable this? I know in some of the newer POS FORDS, you can turn the ignition off and on 4 times, slide the seat back and forth 4 times, turn the head lights off and on 4 times, let the tailgate up and down 4 times, roll the windows up and down 4 times and spin the tires 4 times and the alarm will go off. What ever happened to pulling the alarm out of the relay interface under the dash? LOL

97 GMC, 2002 LS6.

1991 GMC Syclone #1428

my buddy has a 05 SS and his did the same shit so what he did was .... first let me explain the situation (he had a 454 ss and totaled it then he got the 05 ss recently) anyway he took the seatbnelt buckles out of his 454ss and took the plastic off of them so that they were just the metal b uckle and just clicked em in passenger and driver seatbelts then the annoying noise and message went away... that seemns like the easiest fix to me, just go to a junkyard or find any old trashed chevy because evidently the seatbelt buckles haventy changed... hope it helps
    1999 GMC Sierra black reg cab short bed SLE Z71 5.3 <--CARDOMAIN PICS
    NELSON 93 hot tune, 02 PCM, VOLANT Ram air intake, MSD wires, ACdelco iridium plugs , Edelbrock ceramic shorty headers, jegs off-road y pipe, Dynamax int pipe, 3" Magnaflow Exhaust with turndown, EGR removal, throttle body bypass, vette servo, long servo pin, performance 4th apply piston, B&M shift kit, SLP 160* thermostat, LS1 Fans, NELSON harness, ported and polished throttle body (did it myself, for free lol)..... _______? cam is next as soon as i stop spending all my money

Thanks for the input. I&#39;m gonna see if there&#39;s something I can do electrical wise first, if not I might go that route.

97 GMC, 2002 LS6.

1991 GMC Syclone #1428

If you install an after market stereo, you won&#39;t get the chimes anymore.

Ahh, It&#39;s tied to the stereo. Now I have another direction to look into.

97 GMC, 2002 LS6.

1991 GMC Syclone #1428

+ Reply to Thread