+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAMN DOOR BUZZER

What is the fastest way to lose that dreaded buzzer on an 05. Fuse? and if so which one? Help I want to listen to my tunes with the doors open. Thanks
    '05 Tahoe 2WD 5.3
    Performance Mods: Nelson tune, 4" Volant Exhaust, Dynatech Full Header system, Volant Cold Air Intake, TB Bypass, 305/50R20 Eagle GT IIs
    Appearance Mods: 20x8.5 American Racing Torq-Thrust STs, Billet Emblem, Black Chrome Speed Grille, Removed running boards, door guards, fender caps and badges, and Silverstar lowbeams and fogs
    Cardomain Page> Click

Originally posted by boonybouncer@Nov 3 2005, 03:53 PM
    What is the fastest way to lose that dreaded buzzer on an 05. Fuse? and if so which one? Help I want to listen to my tunes with the doors open. Thanks
    if you turn the key all the way on without starting there should be no buzzer.

But then everything has power (I know you can kill the interior lights with dome overide, and then the headlight with the switch), but what about fuel pump etc., isn't everything else still getting power? (Battery drain?)
    '05 Tahoe 2WD 5.3
    Performance Mods: Nelson tune, 4" Volant Exhaust, Dynatech Full Header system, Volant Cold Air Intake, TB Bypass, 305/50R20 Eagle GT IIs
    Appearance Mods: 20x8.5 American Racing Torq-Thrust STs, Billet Emblem, Black Chrome Speed Grille, Removed running boards, door guards, fender caps and badges, and Silverstar lowbeams and fogs
    Cardomain Page> Click

Originally posted by boonybouncer@Nov 4 2005, 02:00 AM
    But then everything has power (I know you can kill the interior lights with dome overide, and then the headlight with the switch), but what about fuel pump etc., isn't everything else still getting power? (Battery drain?)
    In my 04 i killed the battery like that (i also had two 10's and amp) on the 05 i haven't had any problems. crank it up every hour let her run for about 5...you should be good

Yea Boony,

One of the great ideas of Chevy was to interloom the radio and the door chime and low fuel alarm and everything else in through the radio harness. You may have to buy a after market harness adapter to install a after market stereo. At that point you can clip to wires to the chime maybe??
    01,Z71 Victory Red, sportside,5.3L, Flowmaster 40's, K&N Drop In, Airaid MIT Tube, TB bypass, Nelson Performance Hot Tune. Velocity Stack waste of money.

Working to run with the BIG DOGS, tired of the porch. STS or LQ9 in the future.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1/DSC02262.jpg

ive seen somewhere how to get rid of it. im wanting to say it was bud8

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

Hmm, if only it were posted in the owner's manual lol. Any hardcore audio/alarm guys that know which wire to cut? Still think there should be a fuse though.....
    '05 Tahoe 2WD 5.3
    Cardomain Page> Click

I think if you pull the fuse you will disable all the alarms ex: door ajar, low fuel, blinker left on... and maybe the airbag system but I am not sure. Maybe someone else knows more
    The adapters that I have seen have a small black box that you can open and find the speaker and clip the wires. I have no idea where the factory door chime is located I have looked for it with no luck.
    01,Z71 Victory Red, sportside,5.3L, Flowmaster 40's, K&N Drop In, Airaid MIT Tube, TB bypass, Nelson Performance Hot Tune. Velocity Stack waste of money.

Working to run with the BIG DOGS, tired of the porch. STS or LQ9 in the future.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1/DSC02262.jpg

now that i think about it....im pretty sure it was hitmanX that disabled the door chimes. try pm'n him.

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

I know if you swap to an aftermarket head unit the chimes will die...I can't remember which wire it is though. I've done this a million times and can't remember...GahhH!
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...tt/firesig.png
    1998 ECSB Z71
    285's and exhaust.

+ Reply to Thread