+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nelson 02 pcm in my 99 update

First off for the new guys I have a 02 Nelson Tuned pcm in my 99 Step side.
    Bottom line without getting into it, I did this because it runs alot better than the 99 ever could.
    The only problem I have is the flashing battery light and dtc code "Generator Terminal F circuit"
    Looking at the wiring schematics between the 99 and 02 the only differance I found was an additional wire from the pcm Red terminal #52 to the alternator.
    Terminal 52 is not used on the 99 pcm.

Well thanks to Allen I got a pcm clip and finally added the wire to terminal 52.
    I ran it up to the alternator and now I'm only waiting for a new plug (02 plug on order) to plug in the alternator. The 99 doen't have a slot for it so I can't just add the wire to it.

If that doesn't cure it there may be a missing wire in the alternator itself. i tried taking the black plastic off the back but couldn't see if there was two wires or not. I ordered a GM 145a alt because I needed one anyway so that may have the upgraded wiring.
    The next step after that is scaning the nelson pcm and picking up the vin and ordering a 02 bcm. the dealer is going to have to flash the new bcm with the vin from my 02 pcm.

Should know in the next few days when the plug comes in.
    99 Step Side Cardomain
    99 Reg Cab Step side
    03 Ext Cab Z71
    03 GMC Car Domain

Thanks creederado i just did mine last night and it works perfect.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 ECLB w/6.0 , 4L80E auto, 4.10 G80, K&N, Nelson Dyno Tune, 02 PCM STS TURBO , 44# injectors, IC ,HPTuner and 160* thermo 348 rwhp, 394 rwtq @ 5 psi
    60'=2.241
    1/8=9.352@77.39
    1/4=14.40@ 96.67

+ Reply to Thread