+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing fuel pressure

What's the voltage supposed to be at the pump? There are two grounds, one on the back of the block also a direct ground that grounds to the frame next to the bed mount...And am mistaken or is there no filters outsid of the tank on this year?
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

I'm not sure on that truck, mine is in the frame just up from the tank, 12 volts runs the pump, also check n see how many amps r on that same wire. Check the power and ground, then power and ground to the frame. Should be real close to the same. If not its a ground issue

Says GM decided ur truck didn need a serviceable filter, so the put it on the pump, the sock n my tank was pretty nasty when I changed the pump, can't say it burnt it up for sure but I'm sure it didn help the cause

Suburban Fuel Pump Woes
    1996 Suburban;
    After 3 fuel pumps, numerous harness upgrades, fuel pump relay and new grounds installed, the problem was discovered during the 4th pump install.
    Had to replace the sending unit. The connection on the bottom side of the mounting plate (black wire to pump), was weak and caused loss of power, ( it had even gotten hot enough to start to melt the pigtail on the underside of the plate). Hope this helps alot of you out there!

Hope this helps I got it off Chevy truck forums

Checked the sock filter. Looked new. But swapped another in. So rules that out. Will check the voltage to see what is comes out. Just baffling why literally drive it home one night it's fine. Next day head to work and bam nothing...
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

I'm wandering that to

sounds like a bad pump, walbro pumps are pieces of shit, ive had 4 pumps in a row right out of the box that were faulty
    06 rcsb, 6two, 231/235, 4.11, pacesetter, 80e, 14 bolt, Nelson tuned
    2011 rcsb 6two swap in the works with 6l90 and boost
    FARMTRUC CAN GARGLE PEANUT BUTTER

Quote Originally Posted by ecld_07 View Post
    What's the voltage supposed to be at the pump? There are two grounds, one on the back of the block also a direct ground that grounds to the frame next to the bed mount...And am mistaken or is there no filters outsid of the tank on this year?
    yeah, no filters outside. i would say its a bad pump, but thats just me

I don't have time to read the entire post, but we just had a few walbro's fail.
    take it out, use your fuel regulator, test it on the bench with a bucket of fuel.
    We were surprised to see how they acted when they went bad.

I'm starting to give up on walbro.

Update. Testing the voltage at idle it's jumping from 2-18 and everywhere in between..
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

+ Reply to Thread