+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pushrod Failure . .. Thoughts . . ? ???

GM is using LS7 lifters as standard replacements across the board now apparently. Reason I mention it is there's probably a price difference still.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    GM is using LS7 lifters as standard replacements across the board now apparently. Reason I mention it is there's probably a price difference still.
    Those are what I would use. Cadillac ones are too expensive.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

I might be doin a cam change in my truck from a Z06 cam. Hit me up if you end up wanting it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeake View Post
    I sure hope it isn't lifters. IF it is I think I will get a z06 cam lifters and springs. Pulling heads sucks though.
    I would go bigger if you're gonna open it up...that's just me tho.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangskeetskeet View Post
    I would go bigger if you're gonna open it up...that's just me tho.
    Yeah I should.

Might as well make it idle mean and add a little more power while you're in there.

All of the other rods on the passenger bank were worn. One was almost as bad as the first one I found. It is pictured above. When the first one was replaced it tightened down with no play at all. Hopefully it was crappy rods. My mechanic said it cranked and the noise was gone. I am still going to have him replace the rods on the drivers side tomorrow. Then I will drive it for a few days to see how it does. I guess that will tell me if it is a lifter. I was a little worried that the cam had some bad lobes.
    I still want to hear thoughts on this. Thanks
    Last edited by zeake; 12-16-2010 at 07:25 PM.

With all of them being like that Id go with bad batch of pushrods, Ive never seen 4 lifters go bad at the same time without other catastrophic engine failure.
    2007 CCSB Z71 VortecMax: Stock!

Im stickin with the bad batch of rods which didnt get properly heat-treated

I would be sending pics to the manufacturer and making them explain it...and send you new ones...
    Gone, but not forgotten!

+ Reply to Thread