+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6.0 swap, getting a ticking noise. please step in

6.0 swap, getting a ticking noise. please step in

Ok, I'm still getting a ticking noise even after i changed the lifters. It definitely sounds like valvetrain but I need some opinions. I hope the vid is clear enough for some.

to describe it, it has a faint ticking at idle and gets loud when gassed. Its really noticeable on decel. The first night my brother and i had it out for tuning we did a quick burst we floated the valves at not even probably 55-5600.
    could it be flat lobes on the cam? The old lifters had some scorching marks on the roller but nothing drastic from what i seen. And cylinder 1 and 2, the rockers didn't seem to come up as high as the others when i rotated the block
    Thanks

'00 T/A WS6 M6 - GONE!!!!
    '04 Chevy Silverado ECSB -LQ4/80e swapped, 799 heads, Comp 212/218 114lsa, TSP LS6 oil pump, LS1 e-fans, LPP LT's, ORY, Magnaflow muffler, and a slighty tweaked tune

lol it sounds like a cummins
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

lol, I'd rather it sounds like a healthy 6.0 w/exhaust though. Its heart breaking, I just want the swap done already

'04 Chevy Silverado ECSB -LQ4/80e swapped, 799 heads, Comp 212/218 114lsa, TSP LS6 oil pump, LS1 e-fans, LPP LT's, ORY, Magnaflow muffler, and a slighty tweaked tune

:/ yeah i bet, im guessing u checked pushrods and stuff? might be worth pulling the cam and if it is the cam, big cam time! lol
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

What all did you change on this swap?

Quote Originally Posted by 408.Luke View Post
    :/ yeah i bet, im guessing u checked pushrods and stuff? might be worth pulling the cam and if it is the cam, big cam time! lol
    I wish i had the extra money, but i'm at a stand still. i just need to get it done. I was looking at a 218/230 .604/.605 114lsa, but just dont have the extra cash

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyLee View Post
    What all did you change on this swap?
    I did a 6.0/80e swap and the only thing i changed was the heads (put 799's on it). I bought the motor used w/36k on it.

well I swapped the pushrods and rockers off my 4.8 onto the 6.0 and still have noise. My brother thinks the noise is coming from either the cam or timing chain area. I know its not exhaust leaks b/c everything has been tight and its still been there. The Lifters are new, and the rockers and pushrods are good as well.

Would it be worth changing the cam, timing chain, and oil pump out? And is it difficult to put an oil pump in while in the truck still?

Did you change the cam? If so did you line it up correctly? Sounds like something isn't happy with where it is at in the motor...

the cam was never touched, and the front cover didn't look tampered with.

Pop the front cover off then. Look at the timing chain. What year motor is it? Do you have oil pressure? Did you check the springs and valves on the heads?

+ Reply to Thread