+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Walbro install on an LQ4

Walbro install on an LQ4

Well friends, my truck threw both lean codes for each bank. I've cleaned the MAF, checked for vacuum leaks and so far my hands have come up dry. I'm going to replace the intake gaskets (I replaced them last year when I changed the knocksensors) and if that's a no go I'm looking into the fuel pump and filter. I just so happen to have a spare Walbro 255LPH from my Rx7, I wanted to know if I can run this without modifying the in- tank bucket. I'm well read on the write up on a quick walbro install but I'd like to keep the fuel pump in the bucket so I can still drive at 1/4 tank. I also wanted to know if the lingenfelter patch harness for walbro to a vette would work as well. I will link that here.

Thanks for your time!

Lingenfelter harness:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C75
    Last edited by ducky; 07-21-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Regardless of how sexy the female is... This is a family friendly site. If you feel the need to send pictures of half naked women, feel free to PM me with them.

I don't know about the harness, but before I went through the trouble of doing the pump, I'd check your fuel pressure. My pump is very very weak right now ( 29 PSI @ WOT and 13.4 AFR) and doesn't throw lean codes. Put a fuel pressure gauge on the schrader valve and check the pressure. It should be ~58 psi and not dip much below that.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

the harness wont work, its too short to fit the truck sending unit.

Also the pump does go in the bucket and you can drive at 1/4 tank, its just recomended you dont because the gas actually keeps the pump cool and if you get on it hard there is a chance you will suck air.

Ive launced at the track on 1/4 tank and didnt have a problem with sucking air
    5.3l-Tsp 220/220 .581/.581 112LSA, Comp 918 revised springs, tsp pushrods-UDP intake, LS1 E-fans, Walbro 255,vette servo, tru cool 40k cooler-4.11s with detroit tru trac. Nitrous Outlet big noid wet system with Harris Speed Works plate and Microedge controller-only on 75 shot........for now!

You guys are amazing, and the light went off on my way home today so I don't know what could be up with that. I will probably run through the system for the hell of it sometime soon. The air filter also looked like it was soaked in coca cola so I replaced that, not sure if that could have caused the code though. Many thanks.

My apologies about the half naked female business. I leave you this instead.

+ Reply to Thread