+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: After lots of thought.....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arizona/Utah
    Posts
    3,955

    After lots of thought.....

    I ordered something's today.
    Audioque SD2.5 10"
    Hifonics 1000watt amp
    4gauge amp kit
    Some rear door speakers 200/100 watt 4x6s.

    I will be building a custom box to fit under my back seat. Should be about 1.25 cubic foot of air space. May end up lifting the rear seat about 1".

    Already have some good front door speakers and a decent head unit. I am considering a yellow top soon.

    Any thoughts.....
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

    waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    145
    Should have spent the extra cash on the audioque amp. Lift the seat if you have to, the greater airspace will help. Big 3 upgrade and a better battery are my only suggestions. Sounds like a good setup!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arizona/Utah
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Mf2racer View Post
    Should have spent the extra cash on the audioque amp. Lift the seat if you have to, the greater airspace will help. Big 3 upgrade and a better battery are my only suggestions. Sounds like a good setup!
    Honestly I will most likely swap to a better amp down the road but I am on a tight budget as I am trying to get out of debt. I forgot about the big3. That will get done ASAP. As for the battery I will likely replace it with a yellow top at the same time I get my drivetrain all swapped this fall. Unless it plain can't handle the new power then it will take a bigger priority.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

    waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Crowder, OK
    Posts
    8,064
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    Honestly I will most likely swap to a better amp down the road but I am on a tight budget as I am trying to get out of debt. I forgot about the big3. That will get done ASAP. As for the battery I will likely replace it with a yellow top at the same time I get my drivetrain all swapped this fall. Unless it plain can't handle the new power then it will take a bigger priority.
    If you want to keep your stock battery and add a spare audio specific battery, let me know. I have two BAD ASS ones left over from my last audio build. One is a brand new Kinetik 2000. I have a Batcap2000 as well.

    1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Round Rock, Texas
    Posts
    1,704
    Without lifting the seat you can get around 1.3ft^3 and that's pushing it. Let me know and I can design a box if you want.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arizona/Utah
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Duct_tape123 View Post
    Without lifting the seat you can get around 1.3ft^3 and that's pushing it. Let me know and I can design a box if you want.
    It would be super awesome if you could design me a box. I am planing on building the exact one you have from the other thread, but just chopping off the third that is for the second sub. I am planning on using a sealed box as I am not planning on pushing this thing super hard or going for the super deep tones. I am just trying to add a little bump to the truck. I am not the type to want to win any contests or bump 2 chains every where I go. I have no problem lifting the rear seat a little bit 1" or less.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

    waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arizona/Utah
    Posts
    3,955
    How much would it help to change the speaker wire for the doors from stock to an after market wire?
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

    waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pearl,MS
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    How much would it help to change the speaker wire for the doors from stock to an after market wire?
    If there is no amp on them, it won't help any. Unless you have an amp, there is no point in changing it. I would say 50 watts can be ran through the stock wire because it isn't worth changing.

    Edit: A stock radio may say 54w * 4 blah blah. In reality the speakers only see about 12w each or so which is why I say it wont help.

    2005 CCSB Silverado- 5.3
    Airaid CAI
    True Dual Exhaust
    NPTune
    3.73 Yukon Duragrip limited Slip Diff.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arizona/Utah
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTaTurBo View Post
    If there is no amp on them, it won't help any. Unless you have an amp, there is no point in changing it. I would say 50 watts can be ran through the stock wire because it isn't worth changing.

    Edit: A stock radio may say 54w * 4 blah blah. In reality the speakers only see about 12w each or so which is why I say it wont help.
    Rms on my head unit is actually only like 30watts with a peak of like 45 so you are right about that for sure. I am going to consider a door speaker amp down the road as well. Right now I'm just not worried about it yet.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

    waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    1,184
    Good speakers properly powerd will sound a hella lot better than letting ur head unit run em. U will wish ud done it sooner lol.


    4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts