+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: front door speaker questions

front door speaker questions

ok folks i just bouch of JL audio c6250 componoent kit. from the front doors of my 01 z71.
    im running an alpine 9887 deck. ive got a 300watt pioneer amp to a pioneer 10inch sub. the sub is in a custom box under the back seat. im happy with one 10 so im trying to get rid of my double box. for a single box so i can put the amps under the seat also. now my question is this where are some of yall mounting the crossovers for the componoent kits.

i love the way they sound so far ive not gotten my amp yet. but im looking into the alpine mf 300 4 channel amp. on the test stand at the audio store i heard the speakers powerd by this amp. and they sounded amazing.

I hide them in the pillars or the kick panels normally.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

i have both amps hidden behind the rear seat on my ecsb, just got crossovers for my front component speakers. i was gonna try and put them next to the amps. to keep everyhing hidden, but not sure its a good idea having them so far from the speakers.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

i was kind of curious about hiding them with the amps but wasnt sure if it whould be a good idea. on having them so far away. also lechez how did you mount them on the back panel behind the seat. anything special i need to do where it wont leak or something

Quote Originally Posted by CD82 View Post
    i was kind of curious about hiding them with the amps but wasnt sure if it whould be a good idea. on having them so far away. also lechez how did you mount them on the back panel behind the seat. anything special i need to do where it wont leak or something
    i got a piece of left over wood from the sub box i made, and screwed the amps to it. on the back side of the board i stuck some velcro tape on both wood and back wall of the truck and stuck great. didnt have to drill any holes on the truck. its a clean install and hard for the thiefs to get to. i have to remove the back seat to get them out or to adjust the settings.
    Last edited by lechez71; 02-27-2011 at 02:47 AM.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

how much velcro tape? im guessing pressure of the seat help keeps them attached? when ya hit bumps it does not slide or anything?

I did the same thing using a piece of MDF and velcro behind the seat. I did the seat mod, so I can fold it down to access the amps though.

I have my crossovers for the fronts mounted inside the center console. If you have the full center console there is a lot of room under the front part.

seat mod? not sure what that is could you please explain ?

You trim the tabs that hold the back of the seat, so that when you are folding it up it can slip out and fold down if you want. Let me see if I can find a link to the how-to.

OK here is the link to the thread on another forum:
    http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92691

Note that your back wall isn't going to be trimmed out like the one in the picture, that is something you would have to do if you want it to look like that.

+ Reply to Thread